Austria's largest ski region
Ski Arlberg is the seventh largest ski area in the world, the largest ski region in Austria – and the Sonnenburg in Oberlech is right in the middle of it all: well-groomed slopes, breathtaking deep-snow descents, heli-skiing and cross-country ski trails as well as fun parks and race tracks for snowboarders speak for themselves. On top of that, we inspire winter sports enthusiasts here in the Arlberg region with modern technology: high-tech lifts, mountain railways with seat heating and contactless lift access with your ski pass are just a few of our highlights for ski holidaymakers in Oberlech.
Facts about the Lech Zürs ski area
- 305 connected kilometres of ski slopes
- Over 200 kilometres of deep-snow runs
- 88 lifts and cable cars
- Varied slopes for every ability
- One of the most snow-sure regions in the Alps
- Ski schools for children, teenagers and adults
- Cross-country skiing on prepared trails
- Fun parks such as the Snowpark Lech
Why take a Ski Holiday in Oberlech?
There are three good reasons (out of many) to choose our ski-in ski-out hotel in Austria:
- Snow resort: Oberlech am Arlberg lies at 1,650 metres. Such a high altitude guarantees snow-covered slopes from November until the end of April.
- Car-free: All hotels in Oberlech are connected by an underground tunnel system. This way, you can experience a pristine mountainscape: completely free of cars and traffic. In this respect, Oberlech is unique in Europe. Thus, the car-free ski resort is particularly suited for your family winter holidays.
- Right on the slopes: Get on your skis and start skiing! Right in front of Hotel Sonnenburg. So, there is no need for a lengthy drive.
“The White Ring”, best known among skiers, consists of the six slopes connecting Lech, Zürs, Zug and Oberlech and takes you once around the Omeshorn mountain over almost 22 kilometres of slopes. “The White Ring” is a half-day and sightseeing tour and a must for skiers and snowboarders in Lech. Easy and intermediate slopes await you on your way, just like the two viewing platforms at the “Rüfikopf” top station and “Madloch” and endless snow-white mountain scenery. Have fun on “The White Ring”!
Endless skiing pleasure with just one ski pass
In the Ski Arlberg ski area, perfectly groomed slopes and varied ski routes are interlinked with 88 lifts and cable cars. Oberlech is right in the centre of the ski area, from here you can not only explore the entire Lech Zürs ski area but also conquer St. Anton, St. Christoph and Stuben with the “Flexenbahn” as well as Warth-Schröcken with the “Auenfeldjet”. And all this with just one ski pass!
We will gladly issue the ski pass for you at our reception.
Ski Arlberg App
With the Ski Arlberg app you have your real-time guide for the Arlberg right in your pocket. The app not only tells you which cable cars, lifts and slopes are open, but also how busy the ski area is and what the weather outlook is on the mountain. In addition, the app records the ski kilometres and altitude metres you have already covered.