In the middle of Austria’s largest family ski resort ‒ close to Innsbruck ‒ ski hotel Sonnenburg in the Arlberg area trumps with its top location for both adult and young skiing fans. It sits directly on the ski slope right between the children’s slope and the children’s ski school. From our ski room, skiers can reach the slopes in a single step and start skiing. Less than one minute separates our guests from the first ski lift in Oberlech: the Petersbodenbahn. Heading up into the mountains the spectacular views will take your breath away.
Moreover, the Lech-Oberlech cable car runs straight past the Skihotel Sonnenburg. It will take you down to Lech am Arlberg in no more than three minutes. As a 5-star ski hotel in the Arlberg region, we offer our ski holiday guests a comprehensive service ranging from in-house ski rental to the issuing of ski passes.
Snow guaranteed: from November until long after Easter, the view is dominated by white. At an altitude of 1,650 metres, you will find the ideal conditions for your skiing holiday directly on the slopes. Thanks to the location of the Sonnenburg, right in the heart of the ski area, you can fully enjoy the winter fun as a family.
The first piste is just a step from the door, the first lift is only a few metres away and the toboggan run is already in sight.
The Sonnenburg is located:
Oberlech in winter means you spend your holiday completely car-free on the sun terrace of the Arlberg region. You get on your skis and off you go! The location of the Sonnenburg, directly on the slopes, not only inspires ski and snowboard fans, but also all other snow sports fans. The Sonnenburg is also the ideal starting point for tobogganing, winter hiking, snowshoeing and cross-country skiing.
Skiing is the next best thing to having wings.
Direct access to the slopes means you can comfortably strap on your skis in our heated ski room and get going straight away. And even at the end of your ski day, you only need one last swing into the ski basement, no need for tedious lugging of skis. That´s Ski in / Ski out!
Located directly on the slopes for the whole family
- The Oberlecher children’s ski slope is in the immediate vicinity, right between the 4-star Superior Landhaus and the 5-star Stammhaus.
- The children’s ski school is so close that you can rush your kids over there yourself.
- The Oberlech children’s club is right next door.
- You can already see the meeting point of the ski school from our sun terrace.
- Oberlech is car-free in winter, so there is no danger if the little ones want to escape outside.
- The central location of the Sonnenburg, in the middle of the skiing area, makes it possible for you to meet for lunch together – no matter whether you are travelling together or separately.